FREMONT, California, April 13, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Privacera, the leader in cloud data governance and security founded by the creators of Apache Ranger ™, today announced a technology partnership with Dremio, the innovation leader in the transformation of data lakes. This new alliance ensures common customers have rapid self-service analytics across all cloud data lakes with consistent access control policies and in-depth data usage audits to comply with industry regulations. industry and privacy.
Dremio makes it easy to run SQL queries directly to cloud data lake storage without making data copies. A high-performance, high-efficiency query engine speeds up analysis processes, while Privacera’s data access governance platform enables access to Dremio data lakes, implements control policies. consistent access, and automatically enforces and audits them across the enterprise.
“Enabling our customers to get the most out of their data lakes and enabling rapid analysis turnaround are two of Dremio’s top priorities,” said Roger frey, Vice President of Business Development at Dremio. “Together with Privacera, we go one step further by helping to ensure that data is reliable, secure and complies with privacy and industry regulations. “
The Privacera-Dremio partnership allows:
- Extended permission on data lakes and meta-stores including: Hive, Hive 2.x, Hive 3.x, Glue, S3, Azure and many more
- Secure data sharing between all business units with table-level access control
- Seamless integration that enables fast queries and improved productivity without impacting performance
- Reduced manual processes that lighten the load on data teams with a centralized location to enforce consistent controls over cloud services
- Comprehensive access policies to provide rapid data access to data teams
- Full transparency of data access and use with rich reports and audits
- Reliable compliance with privacy and industry regulations such as GDPR, LGPD, CCPA, HIPAA, PCI DSS, etc.
“Secure and reliable data is a company’s most vital asset. Since data lakes host critical data, it is essential to prevent them from becoming data swamps, ”said Vince goveas, Director of Product Management at Privacera. “Our partnership with Dremio provides businesses with a centralized approach to data access governance that enables fast and secure analysis of data, without compromising privacy, security or compliance with evolving regulations.
Please tweet: News @privacera & @dremio join forces to accelerate # data analysis and ensure consistency of # data governance policies for # data security, # data privacy and # regulatory compliance
Founded in 2016 by the creators of Apache Ranger ™ and Apache Atlas ™, Privacera provides a unified system for governance and data security across multiple cloud services. Often described as ‘Apache Ranger in the cloud’, Privacera provides a single data access governance platform that extends Ranger’s capabilities beyond traditional big data environments to multiple cloud services and analytical platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake, and Databricks. Privacera enables IT and data platform teams to democratize data for analysis, while ensuring compliance with privacy regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, and HIPAA. Privacera offices are located at Frémont, California and Bombay. To learn more, visit www.privacera.com or follow @privacera.