Happy Friday all! This is your local patch editor here with the latest edition of Monrovia Digest. Here are some of our best stories for today: A COVID outbreak at a prep school in Los Angeles, gas prices on the rise in LA County, Monrovia Reads gets a new van and Taco on Tuesday in the city.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Quite sunny. High: 74 Low: 58.
Here are the best stories today in Monrovia:
- Man who may have driven suicidal teenager to Pasadena Viaduct is sentenced to 16 years for sexual assault and attempted murder (Pasadena Now)
- COVID outbreak brings back LA prep school to distance learning (NBC Southern California)
- Los Angeles County gas prices hit highest since 2012 (FOX 11 Los Angeles)
- California Sets New Transparency Rules For Ordered Payments (Los Angeles Times)
- Monrovia Prepares To Host Van Launch Party Later This Month (Monrovia Patch)
- It’s Taco Tuesday every day of the week on Myrtle Avenue in Monrovia (The San Gabriel Valley Tribune)
- 91-year-old woman missing in Highland Park area (MyNewsLA.com)
- Photos: The country’s largest homeless Tiny Home Village opens in Highland Park (Inland Valley Daily Bulletin)
- Shots fired at Sheriff’s deputies in East LA, no injuries reported (KTLA Los Angeles)
Today’s Monrovia Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Monrovia!
Today in Monrovia:
- Football (VR) vs. Temple City (Events) (7:00 p.m.)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Please follow and stay informed. See you later ! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing more friends and neighbors on board. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Andy Nguyen
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Monrovia Daily? You can contact me at [email protected]